The Horse Course
This class promotes confidence, body and behavioral awareness, following directions, sequencing and problem solving around horses, as well as focusing on establishing an animal and human bond.
Length: 1-hour a week for four weeks.
Participants: Up to four people per class
Experience: No horse experience is necessary
Abilities: All abilities welcome
Topics will be selected from the following list based on participant interest and ability:
- History of the Horse: evolution, breeds, colors, markings
- Herd Behavior: hierarchy, communication methods
- Confirmation: height and weight, parts of the horse, movement and analysis
- Horse Care: grooming, bathing, clipping, mane pulling, braiding
- Leading: leading techniques through obstacle courses, showmanship
- Tack and Equipment: parts of the saddle and bridle, bits, pads, adaptive equipment, cleaning, saddle fitting
Sign up today to learn more about how to handle and care for horses! Contact Melanie Renk or call 425-882-1554.