Horse Care and Barn Management
Enjoy half a day learning what it takes to keep horses happy and healthy in a barn. This class promotes critical thinking, safety awareness, empathy, teamwork, responsibility, self-esteem, exercise and the satisfaction of caring for horses.
Length: 3-hours (one-time)
Participants: Up to four people per class
Experience: No horse experience is necessary
Abilities: All abilities welcome
Topics will be selected from the following list based on participant interest and ability:
- Routine Vet Care: bandaging, vital statistics, signs of health and illness
- Safety Hazards: horses, weather, environment, animals, people
- Emergency Procedures: horse and environment, first-aid
- Nutrition: feed, water, supplements
- Paddock and Stall Cleaning: old hay, manure, standing water, dirty bedding, rocks
- Barn Maintenance: safety checking stalls and paddocks
- Farrier and hoof care
Sign up to learn about what goes on behind the scenes every day in the barn! Contact Equine Director Dana Richardson or call 425-882-1554.